Saturday 12 November 2016

Pompeius on the Ruins of Mycenae

#Pompieus on the ruins of #Mycenae #Greek #epigram written 1st century BCE



This is my translation. The original can be found in the Greek Anthology.

Although I Mycenae have become poured dust on a grave

And lesser known more obscure than any other crag

Anyone looking at Troy a famous city over which walls I walked

And the Palace of Priam which I emptied entirely

You will know thenceforth how strong I was once

And if Age has abused me I am satisfied

By the witness of the Maionid (Homer)



Want to see the Greek text and my full notes

I need a new laptop to be able to input Greek characters
My died and power n gas bills come first

I have about half the funds but if everyone who sees this sent ONE dollar via

paypal.me/JulieVaux






No comments:

Post a Comment